Chris Young, Principal of the Firm, joined Sobel & Co. in September 2012, with more than 18 years of experience in corporate finance, strategy, and economic analysis. Prior to joining the firm, Chris held many positions including Managing Director –Investment Banking at Berkery, Noyes & Co., Global-Director – Strategy, Financial Institutions Group at Dow Jones, and CFO and Vice President of Operations (Wealth Management Division) at Thomas Reuters. At Sobel & Co. Chris is charged with leading the Valuation, Strategy and Litigation Support practice where he successfully integrates all of the skills and experiences he has gained throughout his career.
Chris serves his clients with a wide range of services, including business valuations for the purpose of private sale, purchase transactions, statutory requirements, estate planning, tax and matrimonial issues, intellectual property, shareholder disputes and related matters. He also works closely with trial attorneys to calculate and assess commercial damages and provides expert testimony, as needed. Chris assists municipalities, counties, states, think tanks and law firms with economic and statistical public policy research.
In addition to his work at Sobel & Co. Chris is a professor at Rutgers University, School of Business, where he focuses on business ethics and strategy.
He is a sought after author and presenter, publishing articles in journals and mass media outlets, as well as a regular speaker at industry events.
Credentials and Professional Associations
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF)
- Winning Visiting Professor, Seton Hall University where he lectured in economics, finance and political economy, with a focus on the market for cultural goods
- Lectured at the Stillman School of Business, Department of Finance and Department of Economics and Legal Studies
- Currently Assistant Professor of Professional Practice, Rutgers Business School
- Member, American Economic Association (AEA)
- Member, National Association of Forensic Economics (NAFE)
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Society of Business Ethics (SBE) Collegium of Pecuniary Damages (CPDE)
- Doctor of Philosophy, Global Political Economy and International Finance – Rutgers University
- Masters of Business Administration – Rutgers University
- Attended Masters of Science Program in Mathematics – City University of New York
- Attended Masters of Arts Program in Political Economics – Montclair State University
- Bachelor of Fine Arts – Montclair State University