Elizabeth Harper, CPA
Member of the Firm
Quality Control and Employee Benefit Plan Audits
(973) 994-9494 ext.125 email@example.com
Elizabeth Harper (Liz), Member of the Firm, joined Sobel & Co. in the fall of 2009 to assume the role of Quality Control Senior Manager. In 2014 she was promoted to Director with responsibility for reviewing all of the financial statements and service organization control (SOC) reports issued by the firm along with client correspondences ensuring that the highest quality standards are met and that the reports are in accordance with the established authoritative standards. Liz is also dedicated to ensuring that the firm complies with its internal quality standards. This includes involvement with the engagement teams during all phases of the work, personnel training and development, and monitoring of engagement quality. Liz is also responsible for client service of SOC, employment benefit plan (EBP) engagements and other audits.
In 2016 Liz was given the additional role as Director of the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Group and in 2017 was elected as a Member of the Firm. Liz brings her insights gained based on her previous experiences at a "Big Four" firm and a local CPA firm to all of the roles she plays at our firm. She has also worked in the private sector.
While at a local firm, Liz had a wide variety of responsibilities across a range of industries, which she draws on daily at Sobel & Co. From her years at KPMG, Liz is able to leverage the knowledge she gained managing financial and internal control audits, quarterly reviews and agreed upon procedures, with well-known clients ranging from Philips Lighting to Ricoh Corporation. This global exposure can be adapted to the current Sobel & Co. regional environment and it will be a critical component of future growth as the firm continues to expand, serving national and international clients in the coming years. By combining her perspectives from industry and public accounting, she can provide additional value to Sobel & Co. and our clients.
Credentials and Professional Associations
- Member of the New Jersey CPA (NJSCPA) Society
- Named a Woman of Note 2016 by the New Jersey CPA Society
- Member of the American Institute of CPA
- NJSCPA Accounting & Auditing Standards Interest Group Co-Chair (2015-2016)
- NJSCPA Accounting & Auditing Standards Interest Group Chair (2016-2017)
- Member of the Financial Women Association (FWA) and Committee Co-Chair for mentoring Program
- Serves as an active alumnus in recruiting efforts at Montclair State University and The College of New Jersey
- Participates in appropriate Allinial roundtables
- Speaker at NJCPA EBP Conference and NJCPA Essex Chapter Annual EBP Update
- Graduated from Montclair State with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accounting