John Mellage is a Senior Manager at Sobel & Co. with extensive experience in the areas of retail, manufacturing/distribution, nonprofit, and construction. His real world, practical advice provides his mid-size, privately-held clients with the knowledge they need to have a competitive advantage in the market place. Drawing on his deep knowledge gained by managing audits, compilations, reviews and other attestation engagements for clients of all sizes – from start-up entrepreneurs to established companies with revenue up to $400 million - has enabled him to add real value for the clients at Sobel & Co. John takes a holistic approach when addressing clients’ needs, analyzing key performance indicators, reviewing internal control systems and conducting financial analysis in order to recommend solutions and suggestions to drive profitability.
Credentials and Professional Associations
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Member of the Professional Network Association of North Jersey
- Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Fordham University in 1997