Ken Bagner is the Member of the Firm in charge of the Tax Practice at Sobel & Co. and is the consulting Partner of the Firm's Employee Benefit Plan Audit Group. He began his career with Sobel & Co. in 1999 and over the years has served diverse niches including commercial real estate, waste management, manufacturing, wholesale, not-for-profit organizations, and employee benefit plans. In addition, Ken also devotes half of his time to working with closely-held business owners as their trusted consultant, providing insights and guidance to help them achieve their goals.
Clients value both Ken’s technical abilities and his “hands-on” approach to addressing the unique aspects of each client’s business as well as his ability to combine an expertise in both accounting and tax to provide them with the business advice they need.
Credentials and Professional Associations
- A member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Serves as the Board Trustee for the Scholarship Fund
- Serves on the Retirement Fund Committee and former member of the nominating committee of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountant
- Past member on the Board of Directors for the New Jersey Society of CPAs
- Previous adjunct professor at Rutgers University (ranked seventh nationwide for their school of accounting) where he taught both taxation for the undergraduate level and the Certified Financial Planners Program
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Member of the Board of Directors and Audit Chair of the Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- A graduate of Montclair State University where he earned his Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude from Rutgers University where he earned his Masters in Taxation
- Member of the Beta Gamma Sigma, the highest honor society for collegiate schools of business