Mariana joined Sobel & Co. as a Director in the Tax Department in February, 2016 after having served more than 20 years in the accounting profession in both the public and private sector. Her depth of expertise in the tax services area include federal and multi-state tax compliance, planning and advisory services for Partnerships, Corporations, Individuals, Trusts and Nonprofit Organizations.
In addition to her broad audit and tax background, Mariana has a distinct specialization in the real estate sector, including working with real estate developers, investors and REITs. Her expertise covers a range of real estate transactions and situations which include acquisitions, refinancing, dispositions and like-kind exchanges. As a result of the depth of experience she brings to the firm and clients, Mariana has a strong role in the firm’s Real Estate Practice. Applying her unique perspectives internally, serving as a mentor and go-to person at Sobel & Co. as well as providing key insights during client discussions.
Credentials and Professional Associations
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey and New York
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Community Food Bank of New Jersey
- NAIOP – Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- BA in Accounting & Information Systems and Economics, Queens College of City University of NY