Rebecca Fitzhugh is a Member of the Firm serving in the Forensic Accounting / Litigation Services Group, and has over eighteen years of experience in forensic accounting, litigation services and public accounting.
Rebecca uses her technical and analytical skills to help attorneys unravel the financial and compliance puzzles their clients face, in order to resolve their issues efficiently. She leverages her experience to advise corporate and municipal clients with respect to assessing and strengthening their fraud resilience, as well as investigating occurrences of fraud.
She has served clients in sectors including government, construction, manufacturing, financial institutions, commercial real estate, nonprofit and retail. Rebecca led the 1 World Trade Center Integrity Monitoring team for the firm and also played a key role in the management of the joint venture through which the firm participated in this project. She has provided expert witness testimony and expert reports in a number of shareholder disputes and other forensic accounting matters, and is currently building the firm’s Matrimonial practice area.
Rebecca is passionate about combating fraud by educating people about it, and also develops and presents Continuing Legal Education classes for attorneys.
Credentials and Professional Associations
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in New Jersey.
- Certified in Financial Forensics by the AICPA.
- Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Construction Industry Technician.
- Certified Inspector General Auditor.
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA), currently serving on the Education Foundation Executive Committee and the Content Advisory Board, and served as a Trustee from 2010 – 2012.
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and served as treasurer of the New Jersey chapter from 2010 – 2014.
- Member of the Association of Inspectors General.
- Member of Morris County Chamber of Commerce.
- Named a “Woman of Note” by the NJCPA in 2012.
- Served as an adjunct faculty member at New York University, teaching an exam review course for the Certified Fraud Examiner credential.
- Speaks on a number of fraud-related and financial topics.
Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Board member and treasurer of Partners for Women and Justice.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Union College.
- Master of Business Administration degree at the State University of New York at Binghamton.
- Accounting and Tax - 30 credits at Seton Hall University.