Sonal Shah is a Senior Manager at Sobel & Co. working primarily with clients in the manufacturing and wholesale distribution industry sectors as well as serving clients in real estate and professional services and the nonprofit community. With nearly 20 years in the profession, Sonal brings a wealth of experience to the firm’s family business and entrepreneurial clients. She adds value by applying her knowledge of GAAP and new and pending accounting pronouncements along with an awareness of trends and changes in the business community to help clients arrive at educated business decisions.
In addition, she is appreciated by clients because of her ability to provide the strategic corporate and personal income tax planning for companies and high net worth individuals that complements her operational advice on improving work flow efficiencies, reducing processing gaps, identifying risk areas and increasing profitability. This two-fold approach distinguishes Sonal as a trusted advisor for the firm’s middle market clients.
Credentials and Professional Associations
- Certified Public Accountant, licensed in New Jersey
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Community Involvement and Philanthropy
- Board President of Children’s Day Nursery and Family Center in Passaic, New Jersey
- Graduated from Boston University, School of Management with a BSBA in Accounting